Cats and dogs are amazing creatures that have been our companions for thousands of years. In the case of dogs specifically, they have evolved over multiple millennia to stand by our sides as one of our most trusted animal companions. Both cats and dogs provide affection, warmth, security, companionship, and loyalty, and ensuring that they are well-looked after is essential.
The Case for Our Smart Dogs
When it comes to dogs, most people would agree that they really are amazing creatures. From their earliest beginnings with our ancient ancestors, dogs have risen to become one of the most successful animals on the planet in evolutionary terms. Their ability to communicate with us is amazing, and they are the only non-human animals on the planet we know of who can read and interpret our body language. Not even chimpanzees can do this without being taught!
Obviously, dogs are amazing animals, but they also make a real difference to the lives of many people. Here are just a few things that dogs are known for:
- Helping our emergency services locate people and catch criminals
- Providing therapy and support for people who may have mental illnesses
- Guiding the blind and vision impaired
- Providing companionship to elderly people and others who may be lonely and in need of affection
Cats can certainly also provide this need for affection, and a great many people find that they relate better to the inherent nature of cats rather than dogs. Whether you choose to befriend a cat or a dog, it is important that your pet is looked after, just as any other family member would be.
Making Sure Your Furry Friend Is Safe
Did you know that many people face the problem of their cat or dog being stolen right from their own homes? It is more common than one would think, and many breeders in particular find that their cats and dogs are at risk of being stolen by unscrupulous individuals. The good news here is that modern technology can come to the rescue and ensure the safety of your pet. A good quality Bluetooth pet finder provides the following benefits:
- An easy to use tag that can fit to collars so that it remains with your pet at all times
- A durable shell that is waterproof so that it will be protected no matter what your pet gets up to away from home
- A battery with a 12-month life that ensures your pet can be located even if they go missing for a long period of time
- Built-in GPS tracking so that you can keep an eye on the exact location of your pet at all times
- An alarm that is tied to a smartphone application so that you can immediately alert authorities as to your own whereabouts.
Whether you are walking your dog in a run-down area of town and need an alarm system, or your cat has gone missing for a few days, a modern locator device will have you and your pet covered.